Monday, December 10, 2012

Shadow Child - 23 EP

If there is one man that has taken an alter ego to another level this year, it is Simon Neale. Known to most as Dave Spoon, the Portsmouth native soared to new heights under the moniker Shadow Child. Allowing him to go in a completely new creative direction, Shadow Child's bass heavy tracks have ruled the dance floor. His debut and perhaps biggest track under the alias, String Thing, was one of the top tunes of 2012 http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/03/shadow-child-aka-dave-spoon.html.

Along with artist Kry Wolf (Bill Francis & Lewis Darvill), Shadow Child has created the label Food Music. Its first release, aptly titled YUM001, comes from the man himself and includes the EP's title track "23" (which is very reminiscent of String Thing), along with "Sensible Haircut" and "The Verdict" with a remix from co-label owners Kry Wolf.

Side note: I've been staying with my sister for the past few months, and I sleep next to her 7 year old daughter. Apparently I was having a dream about dance music and I said "where is the Shadow Child" in my sleep and my niece has not let me live it down ever since. Every so often she asks me "is Shadow Child your favorite DJ?" and laughs at me :/

No comments:

Post a Comment