Friday, January 25, 2013

Dirty South & Deniz Koyu - Halo

Dirty South was one of my first DJ crushes. So cute, and so talented! While I'm less of a fan of his more EDM-esque tracks, I loved his earlier productions and have really high hopes for his side project with Rudy Sandapa called Ruben Haze.
One of my favorite remixes of his from back in the day was his take on the Pussycat Dolls track "When I Grow Up." What a banger and transformation from the original!
When I heard this teaser for his collaboration with Deniz Koyu, my interest was peaked. The beginning of the track is reminiscent of Dragan Roganovic's earlier productions. Yet the track goes into full "screechy synth EDM mode" and loses me. But I think it is a valiant effort to bridge the two (though I doubt that's what they were trying to do!). Take a listen and form an opinion!



No comments:

Post a Comment