Friday, October 5, 2012

Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child (Joris Voorn Remix)

While my blog may sometimes turn into a Swedish House Mafia lovefest/DJ Sneak discreditor, I need to show my full support for this latest track that surfaced today. Having also expressed a love for Dutch producer/DJ Joris Voorn http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/05/joris-voorn.html in the past, its no surprise that I love pretty much everything he does. I was surprised to wake up and see on social media a link to his new remix of SHM's Don't You Worry Child. Twitter and Facebook lit up with both positive and negative criticism, but what bothered me the most was the negative reaction. I felt the need to lend my two cents and I even got approval from the man himself:

Seriously, people were telling Voorn to go back to the good old days, not to stoop to a lower level, basically telling him what he should and shouldn't remix. I couldn't believe my eyes. What audacity to people have to tell a producer what to do? The way people cannot dissociate a name with a stigma from the music they hear is just plain pathetic!
Anyway, what I thought was really interesting was how Sebastien Leger, who is always pretty outspoken and has made it clear he doesn't like SHM in the past, came to Voorn's defence:
 Leger then took to his own Facebook and asked people for their opinion:
Responding to the thread was fellow Dutchman Koen Groeneveld, who later expressed his opinions on Twitter too.
 I have to admit I was surprised to see Funk D'Void say this to Voorn on his FB thread
He did say something along the lines of his prayers being answered when SHM announced they were breaking up, so it was interesting to see such a proponent of underground house defending Voorn despite the remix being by SHM.
Another underground act defending Voorn were Pig & Dan:

Check out the remix causing all the buzz:
He also made a dub mix which is a far cry from the original track. I find the traces of DYWC almost non-existent: I live for the underground teaming up with the mainstream. Its how electronic music gets exposure. Remember how Eminem said "nobody listens to techno" and now everyone does? The music has come a long way, baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment