Sunday, September 9, 2012

F o o t p r i n t z - Fear of Numbers

Its that time again: time I talk about a Montreal artist. This time its F o o t p r i n t z, who insist on keeping spaces between the letters of their name. The duo consists of Clarian North and Adam Hunter.
Pardon me for sounding judgemental, but if you're going to name your child "Clarian," you pretty much guarantee the kid is going to grow up to be a hipster.
They has been releasing on Visionquest, which is run by Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson, Lee Curtiss and Shaun Reeves. Their track, Fear of Numbers, is extremely reminiscent of 80s new-wave, complete with synths and ethereal vocals. Think New Order, Depeche Mode. Despite not really being a fan of hispters (I worked with a bunch at a music store years ago, and they left a bad taste in my mouth), I really enjoy this record a lot, and am pretty proud to say I'm from the same city as them.

No comments:

Post a Comment