Saturday, September 29, 2012

Swedish House Mafia - One Last Tour

It is with so much emotion that I write this post. I have some really cool underground DJs that follow me on Twitter, and when I go into my whole SHM love-ins through my tweets, sometimes I wonder if they will unfollow me. But the truth of the matter is, Steve, Seb and Ax all emerged from the underground. And after reaching new heights in the last 3 years, they are allowed to want to go separate ways and try something new.

The trio spoke to Rolling Stone magazine before their performance at the cancer benefit show held by iHeart Radio, and basically stated they just want to see what happens as separate entities. More power to them! http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/swedish-house-mafia-on-whats-next-20120922
Last week, the boys announced that they would reveal the dates for their last tour. I remember being so gutted that they were going to perform together at Madison Square Garden months after I had moved out of NYC and back to my hometown of Montreal, so I was nothing short of elated when it was announced they would be coming to our local entertainment venue. I got my ticket today, and now have to wait in anticipation of 5 months to see them in February.
If the show is anything like Milton Keyes Bowl, which is featured in the video for "Don't You Worry Child" then I know the wait will be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment