Sunday, June 24, 2012

Franky Rizardo - La Chicambo EP

Franky Rizardo has delivered yet another drum heavy, latin-influenced EP that is meant to light up the nigh time Ibiza sky. http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/05/franky-rizardo-on-my-own.html
The first track "Bumba Meu Boi" sounded like Portugese to me (not that I speak that language!) so I googled it and found out it 1) is 2) translates as "hit my bull" 3) is a Brazilian folk theatrical tradition where a bull dies and then is brought back to life. The production is supposed to involve drums, music and costumes, and many flavourful characters (cowboy who causes the bull to die, rich man who owns the bull, a priest, an ugly pregnant woman...haha, you get the gist of it!)La Chicambo rounds off the EP, another drum heavy track (those Dutch and their drums! Love it!)



No comments:

Post a Comment