Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kindness - That's Alright

This isn't new but I thought it would be interesting to share. A-Trak tweeted about how he was listening to the new Kindness album months ago, and I didn't really understand what the hype was about. Then I went digging a little deeper and saw that French producer Philippe Cerboneschi aka Philippe Zdar who is one half of Cassius helped produce the album. Kindness is the UK's Adam Bainbridge. He seems like an interesting character, one who acknowledges that he does not use social media and justifies it as there not being a need for it. He cites a lot of electronic artists of the past as influences on his sound (e.g. Larry Levan, Afrika Bambaataa).
After quickly sifting through the tracks of the album "World, You Need a Change of Mind", there was one that I liked. I never hide the fact that I love the 80s pop sound, as well as the classic house sound of the 90s sprinkled in with some Eurodance. I really felt this track channeled the 80s, so I instantly connected to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment