Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rob Marmot & My Digital Enemy - African Drop

After speaking so much about the backlash House music is generating these days, it got me thinking about Afrojack. His association with Paris Hilton paints him in a negative light for me, but I cannot deny that I did enjoy some of his music in the past, and perhaps fail to like his newer stuff given that negative association. When I heard Bangduck, my initial feeling was that it was annoying. But then it grew on me. Then I learned he provided Diplo with beats for Major Lazer's Pon di Floor (which went on to be used for Beyonce's "Run the World") and Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now" which was one of my favorite tracks and videos of 2011. I remember the first time Pete Tong played "Take Over Control" on his radio show in early 2010.  Within the first 2 minutes I completely adored the song. So it was to my delight when he tweeted this:
I have actually seen Afrojack include some very uncharacteristic records on his Beatport chart. This is the problem with the scene these days; becoming pigeonholed! I respect that he lent his label to something different!


Pete Tong provides his remix:


No comments:

Post a Comment