Monday, June 11, 2012

Phunk Investigation - Azuli

I have always had an obsession with drums. I wanted to learn how to play but I was affected by this thing I call "last child syndrome" which is something my parents had. It basically means they were so tired by the last child, they didn't put much effort in! Haha! I love my parents, don't get me wrong!
I posted Phunk Investigation's collaboration with Schuhmacher a couple of days ago http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/06/phunk-investigation-vs-schuhmacher-from.html but was not expecting such a heavy track so soon! I would put these drums at the same magnitude level as those in Gregor Salto's Azumba http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/05/gregor-salto-azumba.html These are the times I wish I was a DJ. I can only imagine playing these tracks in the summer, and oh how they would go off!
When I hear "Azuli" I immediately think of the record label, and how it is synonymous with Ibiza. Such a summer jam!
Update 12/06/12: And more newness from Phunk Investigation. An EP forthcoming on Miniatures Records entitled Humanoid. AND a release on Skint Records entitled Atomic in collaboration with Timo Garcia.

No comments:

Post a Comment