Saturday, May 26, 2012

Blond:ish - In My Head

Blond:ish are Anstascia D'Elene and Vivie-Ann Bakos from Montreal (what! what!). Now based in London, they have recently caught the eye of one Mr. Pete Tong, and I think I have said this before, but I truly believe Swedish House Mafia and Deadmau5, among others, owe Pete Tong for their amazing careers. Once he gets behind an artist, they really take off. These are the kind of girls I wish I had as friends growing up in Montreal. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos of them and they always look like they are having a fun time spinning, and that is what House music is all about.
Booka Shade, DJ. T and M.A.N.D.Y.'s Get Physical label gets behind "In My Head." a brooding track with a deep, dark sound. "What do you do when your mind plays tricks on you/ How do you know when its time to let go/ What do you say when you just can't run away/ Where do you go when you're stuck in [indecipherable]." Those are the lyrics in the song, and it sounds like a female thinking in her head about a dumb boy! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment