Friday, May 18, 2012

Flight Facilities - With You feat. Grovesnor (Danny Daze 5AM Mix)

Danny Daze is Daniel Gomez, a young producer who hails from Miami and had gained a lot of attention with his release on Hot Creations entitled "Your Everything" featuring Louisahhh last year.  I will say this: as per his "social media" persona, he comes off as somewhat arrogant and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Nevertheless, the guy is talented. He has most recently remixed the latest Flight Facilities track "With You."

The video for the song is reminiscent of Daft Punk style anime. Grovesnor is the drummer for the UK outfit Hot Chip. Those are some talented guys (Joe Goddard being one of my favorite producers, also a member of Hot Chip).
A David August remix is also available and equally good. Here is the MAM remix to top off the set. MAM is Miguel Campbell (of Something Special fame, also from Hot Creations) and Matt Hughes

The remix set is out on Future Classic, the Sydney based label that carries Flight Facilities tracks. I first heard of the Australian Flight Facilities with their track "Crave You" on Ministry of Sound radio about two years ago. I was surprised when the track got a second wind last year and garnered more attention. I'm not saying it as "I knew them before everyone else did," I was just surprised it didn't get as noticed initially. I'm glad, its a beautiful track.

No comments:

Post a Comment