Friday, May 11, 2012

Doc Daneeka - Murdah Strings EP

All I've been hearing through the grapevine aka my Twitter feed is Doc Daneeka's name. I'm guessing it is in reference to his new EP on Roska's label Roska Kicks and Snares.
Welsh producer Mial Watkins aka Doc Daneeka appears to be part of that new wave of producers like Mosca, Huxley, etc. who teeter along the borders of UKG and House, and have a penchant for trying to stay away from that "big room sound." They're not actually new, but their common sound is one that is emerging as the "rebellion" towards EDM. Maybe I'm just reading into things a little too much.
Although I don't quite get the name I really like this track, which is completely different from the tracks of Murdah Strings. Its soft and ambient. And again, a completely different sound, but I like it because of its Garage undertones.
I like Doc Daneeka's versatility. I believe that's what makes an artist have staying power.

No comments:

Post a Comment