Thursday, May 3, 2012

FREIMA - Weather Report

To be completely honest, this blog entry comes from a request from a reader. He told me that if I didn't like what I heard, I didn't need to blog about it. But I am because I liked!

I find this concept really interesting, how young local artists find each other and support each other. FREIMA is a collective which promotes events, are involved in A/V,  and promote local electronic artists. With the Holland, Italy, Sweden, the UK and the US topping off the countries that contribute the most recognizable names in the electronic world, it was refreshing to hear that this collective is from Portugal. FREIMA's first compilation, called "Weather Forecast" (I'm guessing this is somehow SoundCloud related) features a bit of a mish mash of different styles. My favorite cuts are Photonz's "Deny Saturn" and Voxel's "This Time." The latter reminds me a little of something off Boys Noize's first album Oi Oi Oi.


The artist that brought this to my attention was Hugo Branco aka Fulano47. I found myself wandering through his SoundCloud and this little ditty I found I quite enjoyed.
The talking in the background reminds me of Mylo's track Destroy Rock & Roll.

1 comment:

  1. hello. no, it has nothing to do with soundcloud. the title is a reference to the future releases by the label. weather forecast is a predictment of things (music) to come.

    curiosly, the title of the second track, which is in portuguese, translates into : my house is not your house.

    ReplyDelete