Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ghosting Season - The Very Last Of The Saints

Alexander Coe aka DJ Sasha is one of my all time favorite producers and DJs. His Global Underground 013: Ibiza compilation blew me away and I was forever a fan (fav tracks: Sasha - Xpander, Bedrock - Heaven Scent, Smith & Selway - Move!, Orbital - Nothing Left (Breeder Remix), Sander Kleinenberg - Sacred).  His compilation with John Digweed called Communicate introduced me to one of my all time favorite tracks, Trisco's Musak (Wonderland Ave Remix). Global Underground came out with a special edition for its 10 years and fans could submit their favorite album, and low and behold my pic and submission of Sasha's Ibiza compilation made it into the booklet. Haha, I was a dork even then!
I finally saw Sasha live on my birthday in March 2007 and was dancing right in front of the DJ booth and my friend said he was smirking at me cause I was going mental. Haha! Embarrassing but awesome! I passed my GU 013: Ibiza CD sleeve to security and he signed it. That was a nice gift to myself.
Sasha's Last Night on Earth label has released its first album from Ghosting Season called The Very Last of the Saints. The duo consists of Manchester's Gavin Miller and Thomas Ragsdale. You can preview the album here:

No comments:

Post a Comment