Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dino Lenny vs Hardrive - A DJ Deep Inside

Today I read about someone raving how he knew of a DJ before everyone else did on his blog. If I ever do that, I just want to apologize. No pretention here, I just want to share with you my favorite music, and sometimes tell you how I learned about the artists or songs. It doesn't matter when you heard about these people, but that when you finally discover an artist you like, their music makes an impact on you.
Not sure why but my blog activity has increased in the past week and I just wanted to say thank you to whoever is reading it. Means a lot to me! Ok, back to the music...

I covered Dino Lenny a couple of entries back as a common House vocalist. http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/04/tiesto-mark-knight-feat-dino-lenny.html I forgot to mention that the Italian singer also DJs and produces. He has added his vocal to the classic house track released in 1993 on Strictly Rhythm by Hardrive (aka Louie Vega) "Deep Inside." Ah, those Barbara Tucker vocals, a classic house staple...here is the original:

I'm not crazy about what Dino Lenny did here, citing Talking Heads...wah?
But I am crazy about the remixes. Pirupa's take brings an eclectic vibe, reminiscent of "Party Non Stop" which is a really amazing track (I blogged about it awhile back: http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/03/pirupa-party-non-stop.html

Shadow Child stays true to the root of the classic house track, adding his new signature alias' sound, which I can't help but think is not properly showcased in the 2 minute preview, but is probably insane when we get to listen to it in its entirety. Slated to be released May 15th, 2012. I still can't get enough of his track "String Thing" (also blogged earlier http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/03/shadow-child-aka-dave-spoon.html). Here's a tidbit for you. I kept thinking, oh, no one realizes that Shadow Child is Dave Spoon. And until recently, I thought "Dave Spoon" was Simon Neale's real name...ah I cannot keep track of all these aliases!

Sorry for revisiting old blog entries, but thought I'd link em for those new readers. Thanks again for checking my blog out! Was telling my friend the other day I was going to stop but I'll keep it going so as long as you spread the word :)

No comments:

Post a Comment