Saturday, May 26, 2012

Michael Jackson - Bad (Afrojack Remix)

As with the Thriller 25th Anniversary edition, the estate of Michael Jackson is putting out a silver anniversary edition of Bad.
Not sure if I mentioned this before but I am a pretty big MJ fan (who isn't an MJ fan who is a fan of music?!) I had mixed feelings about the Thriller edition that featured Akon, Kanye West, Will.i.am (who MJ was working with for production of new material before he died) and Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas. Well, since EDM is all the rage, Afrojack was enlisted to remix Bad. And while I like to mainly use my blog for education and positive promotion, I really would like to know what people think about this one. I have mixed feelings. Its not that its bad, but its actually kind of boring.


That being said, its got to be hard to remix a legend's track and worry about not desecrating it so that a lynch mob will come after you. I'm curious to see what else this "new" release has in store.
Kind of strange but a couple of days prior to the Afrojack Remix coming out, I felt the need to watch the full length Bad video, which is one of my all time favorite (Beat It is my favorite MJ video). Did you know it was directed by Martin Scorsese, and featured little-known actor (at the time) Wesley Snipes? When I lived in Brooklyn and had to travel to Queens for work, I would make a train switch over at Hoyt-Schermerhorn station, which is where a large portion of the video for Bad was filmed. I believe MJ was probably 29 around the time it was filmed, which is funny cause he plays a high school student in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment