Friday, April 20, 2012

Infinity Ink - Infinity

Its times like these that I wish I had more friends that liked House music. I am so excited about this one I want to scream! and just tell everyone about it! Sometimes when I post more underground house tracks on my personal Facebook page, I actually wonder if people are going to un-friend me because they find it annoying! Just to tell you how few friends who listen to this style of music I have.
The first time I heard about Damian Lazarus' Crosstown Rebels label was when they started following me on Twitter. I had no idea why a music label was following me, but I was excited! I'm going to theorize that it was because I was following a bunch of DJs, maybe they thought I was one too? I've noticed that happens a lot, and once they get wind that I'm not, they unfollow me :( haha!
Crosstown Rebels prominence emerged around the same time as Jamie Jones and Lee Foss' label, Hot Creations, as well as Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson, Lee Curtiss and Shaun Reeve's Visionquest. So a lot of times, the artists featured on their labels overlap. I will admit to getting confused between all of them, because that same melodic, underground, "indie" (bleh, I hate that word, especially applying it to dance music) house sound is nutured and promoted.
Ali Love is one of my favorite electronica vocalists. His work on the Chemical Brother's "Do It Again" and his single "Secret Sunday Lover" both in 2007 were my first exposures to his voice. In 2011, he was heard on Justice's Civilization, and Hot Natured's Forward Motion (Hot Natured being Lee Foss and Jamie Jones. Now you can see why I get confused!).
Teaming up with Luca C to form Infinity Ink, the made waves with their release "Games" on the Hot Creations label. This is their follow-up:

I've been listening to a lot of 90s Eurodance lately, cause revisiting that time makes me happy! The rap portion on Infinity reminds me of how there would often be a rap segment in a lot of those tracks old dance tracks (2 Unlimited's tracks come to mind). The legendary Todd Edwards is on the remix, bringing a summer vibe to the track. I'm sure more remixes will emerge. Very exciting for the summer playlist.
Update 04/03/2013: Here is the ultra bizarre accompanying videoclip. Like, really bizarre!


1 comment: