Monday, April 9, 2012

Walk For Me

Over the weekend, I had the privilege of meeting Vaughn Oliver, one half of the duo Oliver. One of their biggest tracks is called "Dirty Talk," off the Kitsune label.  He dropped a track which I carelessly went and interrupted him just to tell him how much I loved the track (cause I was excited! haha), except it was not what I thought it was. It turned out to be a track that was actually released in 1996. Its amazing because the "remix" of it sounds so similar, and it just boggles my mind of how people get away with remixes, and can almost pass it off as their own.  Here is what he dropped:

And this is what I thought it was:
I am not trying to say anything about Boddika or Joy Orbison, they are great producers, I was just shocked because all this time I thought they had created the track.
Side note: this was a comment on YouTube that caught my eye and made me laugh:
"Chinese restaurant music: wok for me, wok for me, wok for me serve serve"
People on YouTube are hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment