Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jack Beats feat Donae'o - You Should Know (Botnek remix)

Niall Dailly (that's a lot of L's) aka Plus One and Ben Geffin aka Beni G make up the electronic duo Jack Beats. They've had quite a busy couple of months, with tasks including remixing Beyonce "Countdown" to a version beyond recognition (and awesome!).


As a proud Montrealer, I always like to promote local talent. I was really excited when I heard the city's very own Leonard Cohen on their track "End of Love." It was unexpected but refreshing! I don't think poet Leonard Cohen has ever been on an electronic record until now

Jack Beats presents their latest track, You Should Know, featuring the vocals of Donae'o. I can't say I'm crazy about the original, but I am really enjoying the Botnek remix. Botnek is Montreal duo Gordon Huntley and Erick Muise. I was late in hearing about them, first taking notice when they remixed "Hummus" by the Crookers in late 2011. Their remix has been getting a lot of acclaim from fellow DJs. I hope Botnek is about to blow up in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment