Thursday, April 26, 2012

Punks Jump Up feat. Dave 1 - Mr Overtime

More and more I blog, more and more I'm mentioning acts that are duos. Punks Jump Up are London based Joe Attard (born a Brit) and David Andersson (born a Swede), and together they have remixed a number of big records. And while Mr Overtime is not their first effort in production, it will probably be their biggest to date as it is being released on Moda, which is owned by Andy George and Jaymo (another duo!). These young BBC Radio 1 DJs have a way of promoting the best of the best on their show, and so I do not expect different when promoting their own label's releases.
Ok, I don't mean for such a majority of my posts to have a Montreal tie. What can I say, this city breeds talented musical artists! The track features the vocals of Dave 1 of Chromeo (another duo!). David Macklovitch is of course the older brother of A-Trak, Alain Macklovitch. I was lucky enough to meet them both in June '11 when they hosted a DJ set by Dave 1 at A-Trak's Fool's Gold store in Brooklyn. Ah, there I go again with my side stories...


The track has been remixed by Mickey, Gigamesh, and my favorite remix comes from Oliver. Here is the video for the track, directed by Maxime Bruneel:

No comments:

Post a Comment