Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One to watch: Rudimental

The first time I heard Rudimental, it was the track "Feel the Love" featuring the vocals of John Newman. Something about the vocals reminded me of one of the Neville Brothers (lets be honest, I'm talking about Aaron! haha), and it was like a warm, cozy blanket. Most things that remind me of the 80s give me that feeling...just like being a kid again! I heard it on Annie Mac's show, but I had no idea it was also featured as Zane Lowe's "hottest record." Man, that Zane Lowe sure knows how to create buzz!

A week later, I was listening to Defected in the House radio, and another Rudimental track was featured. This time, it was Spoons, and didn't sound similar to "Feel the Love" at all. Featuring the vocals of MNEK and Syron, this deep house track is so smooth, it goes down nice and easy.
I tried to find more info on Rudimental. Here's all that I found: the group is a quartet (not the barbershop variety!) which consists of DJ Locksmith, Piers Aggett, Amir Amor, and Des, and they are signed to Black Butter Records. They have remixed a couple of tracks for Ed Sheeran. And I believe they are from Hackney, UK. I stumbled upon two more tracks, and I am amazed how everything has a different sound. I love it!
I think this track is about two years old, but is just as good! I can't wait to hear more from Rudimental. Oh how I wish I lived in the UK...



2 comments:

  1. Great locksmiths company are here: http://locksmith-san-francisco-ca.com/ Locksmith San Francisco Just check it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello guys!

    What can you tell me about this locksmiths device? Locksmith Spokane http://locksmith-spokane-wa.com/ Is it good or not?

    ReplyDelete