Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nari & Milani - Atom

I felt I needed to blog this track despite it being out for awhile now. Well, rips from Swedish House Mafia's Madison Square Garden performance and Tiesto's Club Life show were floating around for months, but it was only released last week.
I first heard the track at SHM's internet-streamed MSG performance, and what a stand out track it was. I searched high and low for it, but could only find blogs that ripped the performance, and then subsequently ripped the track, with cheering in the background.


The house purists say that "house is a feeling" and "you need to be able to feel the music." Well, I definitely feel this one. A massive track with a hard hitting sound, if anything it makes me feel like a 18 year old boy from St-Leonard (for any Montreal readers, you know what I'm talking about) fist pumping while driving a souped up Honda civic...haha! Well, Maurizio Nari and Ronnie Milani are from Italy, so it makes sense! But no matter how "bro" this track might be, the high octane drums and thumping bass make it one of the hottest tracks of 2012. Apparently it was one of the biggest tracks of WMC 2012.
This isn't Nari & Milani's first rodeo, they've been around for awhile. They made this classic track in 1996 under their alias Nerio, featuring the vocals of Darryl Pandy, who is best known for "Love Can't Turn Around."


Steve Angello was smart enough to realize that recognition for them was due, and released their track Kendo on SIZE. Securing that tie with them was a good idea, cause ATOM is a BOMB (I'm sorry for the puns, I can't help myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment