Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oy vey people, get a grip!

So in the continuation of the latest DJ battle saga, Avicii's promoter/manager Ash Pournouri spoke out against both Funkagenda and Feed Me. Funkagenda didn't respond, but Feed Me did. Boys will be boys...

Very mature, from both ends. Afrojack spoke up to defend Avicii also, and a fan that disagreed with his approach:
I think its interesting that Afrojack thought it was important to bring attention to the fact that the critics were "underground." It just reiterates how "mainstream" and "underground" won't ever get along. This isn't something new. It would be weird for an Arcade Fire fan to like Nickelback (can you tell I'm Canadian?!)...or so social norms would like to dictate. Screw that, like what you like!

I would hardly classify Feed Me as an underground act. It is really bizarre that along with Dillon Francis and Zedd, who also voiced their dismay with Avicii, they all have common circles. Once again, wouldn't you rather deal with these things privately, so you don't end up looking like the douche? And since you never know when you will need the help of a colleague, wouldn't it be better to keep it civil? I guess I'm not being realistic, or I'm being too idealistic.

I couldn't help but check out Sneak's page to see where that drama has ended up. For SHM, I haven't really seen anything about it. I'm going to assume they are over it. Sneak is still retweeting messages that degrade SHM, and he has a website where he now sells "I'm a House Gangster" merchandise. Hmmmm. I actually have one of the stickers (I won't tell how I got it)...I kind of want to stick it on my SHM Until One CD...it would be funny! I swear if DJ Mag was smart they would put Steve Angello and DJ Sneak on their cover with the headline "Mafia vs Gangsters." Well, that was under the assumption DJ Mag was smart, so...



No comments:

Post a Comment