Monday, April 16, 2012

Kris Menace feat Kiki Twins - We Are

I remember the first time I stumbled upon Toronto's Azari & III's and their debut track Hungry for the Power. What drew me to the song was the video. It took a page out of the strange and bizarre book, and I was intrigued. I'm not talking about the B&W version, but the original, NSFW version. Members Fritz Helder and Cedric Gasaida (aka Starving Yet Full) are going to town voguing, and it reminds me of 90s house, a time when my sister who is a decade older than me used to frequent raves. (This song went on to be remixed by Jamie Jones and blew up in epic proportions).

The art of voguing is less frequently seen in clubs these days. But that style and vibe still exists through music. Kris Menace brings along The Kiki Twins for his latest "We Are." What I found fascinating about the Kiki Twins is that they are not originally from NYC, which is where they now reside, but they came from small town America.
I've been playing this one on repeat for the past two weeks. I just love the electro synths, and the way the Kiki Twins strike a pose in the video. They're so cute and remind me of NYC, a city that I hold near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment