Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rihanna - Where Have You Been (Hardwell Remix)

I have a good friend who I talk to quite a bit about Rihanna. She loves her, I'm lukewarm. Her songs are infectious and catchy, but her persona irks me. Admittedly I am pretty old school in my thinking, so perhaps it is her overt sexuality that I cannot seem to fully embrace. But my friend adores her, and we talk about her tons. So it was definitely to my surprise that I took a liking to this remix by Hardwell of "Where Have You Been." First off, I did not like the unremixed version, because it sounded like an incomplete dance track. Second, there is my innate bias to not immediately like Rihanna songs. I cannot say I overwhelmingly like Hardwell's productions either (ok, fine, who doesn't like Cobra?! and his Martin Solveig remix of Ready to Go is pretty good too!). But there is just a little "oomph" that his remix gives the track which I believe will make it a huge dance song "in da club." That combo of pop and "EDM" that people want these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment